Pages

Monday 11 October 2021

Heart Of Christmas Week 15

 Hi!


Well, hello, and welcome back to this week's Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop. I hope that you've been enjoying all of our Christmassy inspiration each week - it's been a lot of fun hopping with my fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator friends.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Words Of Cheer, Pattern Party DSP, Pine Tree Punch, Tasteful textile 3DEF, Sheetload Of Cards, Christmas Card

This week's cards have jumped back to using the Hostess DSP, Pattern Party. Although the paper isn't Christmassy at all, the patterns and colours are suitable if you like a less-traditional colour scheme or theme for your cards. In this case, I've emphasised the Granny Apple Green and Poppy Parade to make the colour combo a bit more traditional.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Words Of Cheer, Pattern Party DSP, Pine Tree Punch, Tasteful textile 3DEF, Sheetload Of Cards, Christmas Card

The diagonal stripes are a little like a candy cane, don't you think? My kids often get ones that are a rainbow of colour rather than the traditional red and white.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Words Of Cheer, Pattern Party DSP, Pine Tree Punch, Tasteful textile 3DEF, Sheetload Of Cards, Christmas Card

As always, I have made four cards this week, using the August 2020 Sheetload Of Cards template. It really takes the stress out of making the cards - all the planning and measuring has been done for me (except adjusting to non-US sized cards), I just need to cut, stamp and assemble.

It's time to hop on over to the next blog, which belongs to the wonderful Catherine Proctor. I can't wait to see what she's created for tonight's hop.

Our blog hop is hosted this week by my lovely friend, Sharon Davern. If you find a broken link, just pop on over to her blog, where you will find a list of all of tonight's participants. You can pick up your trail there.

Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. This is such a fresh and modern colour combination, Tina, simply perfect for a hot Aussie Christmas down under! You are powering through your Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used this colour combo for Wednesday night's blog hop! It hadn't occurred to me that Granny Apple Green and Poppy Parade made for a great Christmas colour combo, but you're right, Tina - so bright and festive. I haven't seen multi-coloured candy canes like this, but love the inspiration you drew from the paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina I would never have thought to use that paper for Christmas but it works so well. I love the idea of rainbow candy canes. Fabulous cards again tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I do look forward each week to see what layout you have for us for your 4 cards and you never disappoint. I love this colour combination and I don't think anyone who receives this card would think it wasn't a Christmas card colouring. Just bright and happy. I have seen different coloured candy canes not just the traditional ones so whose to say a multicoloured one isn't out there! Great cards and love the texture on the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Granny Apple Green and Poppy Parade are perfect for Christmas, wow! Who would have thought?! Not me obviously. I find GAG a really bright tone and struggle using it, but for Christmas it looks amazing. Thanks for sharing, Tina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness I never would have though to use Granny Apple Green for Christmas but you have done it wonderfully

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way the patterns work on this card Tina, and the embossed Christmas tree is just the perfect amount of texture. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.