Pages

Sunday 24 January 2021

CTC #302: CASE Any Floral Project

 Hi!


Phew! Are you sweltering today? It's about day four of really hot weather here in Adelaide, but thankfully a cooler change (and hopefully some rain) is due tomorrow. My craft space is on the south east corner of the house, so thankfully it stays cool during the day.


But, let's get on with the show! This week we are asking you to CASE and Floral Project from ANY catalogue - the Annual, Mini or SAB. There are lots and lots of projects to choose from, so definitely no shortage of inspiration.


Just for a change, I found my inspiration at the front of the Mini Catalogue! This card is featured on both the front cover and on page 2. I'm not a big one for florals, but there were a few elements on this one that appealed to me - the blue background behind the flowers, the gold border and the sentiment on a narrow strip.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Pretty Perennials, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Perennial Petals Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Smooshing Technique

I started my card with a Gold Foil Card. I purchased a heap of packs of these cards when they were on the Clearance Rack recently, as they are a great (and cheap!) way to add a Gold Foil layer to a card. For my card background, I used the Smooshing Technique with Pool Party ink on Shimmery White card. It's such a fun technique, and in this heat it dries very quickly!!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Pretty Perennials, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Perennial Petals Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Smooshing Technique

I then stamped a heap of flowers and leaves from the Pretty Perennials stamp set on Whisper White cardstock and die cut them with the coordinating dies. I find it's easier to stamp a few more images that you think you'll need, as invariably you will need more after you've cleaned and put away your stamps! I just layered them on the front until I was happy and glued them down, some with Dimensionals. The colours I used were the colours in the Fine Art Floral DSP.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Pretty Perennials, Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin, Perennial Petals Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Smooshing Technique

Some of the left over flowers and leaves were used to decorate the inside of the card. I layered a Stitched Rectangle die cut over a piece of Night Of Navy card, as an echo to the front of the card.

It's been great seeing more entries in our challenges lately, and I hope that you will join in too! All you need to do is join our Facebook group and post a photo of your card to the group. Easy!


Next up on this week's blog hop is the lovely Rebecca. Her card is so pretty - you won't want to miss it!

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. LOve love love love your card!! And I'm impressed you started at the front of the catalogue !! teehheee Gorgeous colours, brilliant smooshing, love the gold foil cards. It's all divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Tina, the gold edge from the gold foil cards looks great. Love the smooshing behind the flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that you've planned your craft space well. The heat can be distracting and uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card inside and out. Great use of the foil cards, may just need to CASE you. Love that smooth background too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the smooshed background and the layering of flowers and leaves look great. Lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card! I love how you have transformed the original card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.