Pages

Thursday 16 July 2020

July Creative Showcase: Colouring Techniques

Hi!

The Art With Heart Team are back with another Creative Showcase, this time featuring different colouring techniques. The Stampin’ Up! range contains a bevy of functional and effective colouring tools that include Water Painters, Blender Pens, Watercolour Pencils, sponges, daubers and even paint.

For a previous Creative Showcase, I created a card that used Stampin' Blends to create a scene that was mostly hand drawn. I decided I had so much fun making that card that I would have another go. This time I decided to use my Beautiful Moments stamp set.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Beautiful Moments, A Good Guy, Stampin' Blends, Shimmer Paint

I started by stamping the girls and Rangitoto in stamped off Sahara Sand. I then coloured the sand part of the image. I started with a layer of Light So Saffron, not particularly caring if the colouring was streaky - in fact, streaky is better! I also added Light Crumb Cake over the top. A little Dark Crumb Cake was added around their feet to give shadows. Finally, some Dark So Saffron was used over the top of the Crumb Cake to soften the colour a little.

Rangitoto Island was coloured using my Light and Dark Mossy Meadow Blends. The girls have Bronze hair, with Dark Soft Suede shading, and Ivory skin. The older girl's dress is Highland Heather and her bucket is Granny Apple Green. The little girl has a Rococo Rose dress and a Pumpkin Pie bucket.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Beautiful Moments, A Good Guy, Stampin' Blends, Shimmer Paint

Next up was the ocean. I coloured it in a similarly streaky manner as the sand, starting with a layer of Dark Seaside Spray, followed by Light Night Of Navy. I also used my Colour Lifter to lighten parts of the blue. I watched a video by Sandy Allnock to guide my colouring of the sand and sea. She finished her sea by using a white gel pen to add the white areas on the breaking waves. I don't have a white gel pen, so I used Frost White Shimmer Paint instead.

I finished the card with a Light Balmy Blue sky. Again, I didn't worry too much about it being streaky, but I did put a little more effort into smoothing the colour. A few birds in the sky and a sentiment and I was done!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Creative Showcase, Beautiful Moments, A Good Guy, Stampin' Blends, Shimmer Paint

I kept the inside super simple by just stamping the girls again in stamped off Balmy Blue. No sentiment, as I don't know yet how I will use this card.

That's all from me tonight, so now you're off to the next blog which belongs to my lovely friend, Sharon.


If you have a broken link or have come to this blog hop midway, you can view all the participants below:

 

Vicki Boucher

Rebecca Jacovou

Kate Morgan

Andrea Sargent

Amie McIlroy

Rachel Woollard

Tina Gillespie

Sharon Davern

Kimberly Hern

Caroline Manwaring

Catherine Proctor

 

Thank you for viewing our Showcase tonight, we’ll be back next month with more inspiration for you.


Bye for now,


Tina


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scene you've created here Tina with your blends colouring - it's so evocative of an innocent moment in time. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, here you go again Tina, with your amazing skills to create this stunning scene. Your technique is faultless, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've coloured this scene with the Blends Markers, what an amazing effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tina and your creativity! Never knew you could do it with the Blends but just look at that. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of Stampin' Blends, Tina; it looks like you had a lot of fun making this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the queen when it comes to colouring these gorgeous little scenes, Tina. Another lovely edition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A card so beautifully coloured, Tina. I truly love seeing your little pieces of artwork and this one is just as gorgeous as expected. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love your art work of a beach scene with 2 happy little girls. Its so evocative. Gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.