Pages

Thursday 23 July 2020

JAI #515: Just Add Mixed Media

Hi!


It's once again time for the new Just Add Ink Challenge. This week Jan has challenged us to add Mixed Media to our cards.


'What is Mixed Media?', I hear you say. It's pretty much the addition of mediums, other than inks, to your card. Things that add texture and dimension, like paint, embossing paste, fabric, are all examples. I had lots of great ideas for this week's challenge, but unfortunately life got in the way and I had to concede that I would not get my card finished in time.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, National Sewing Machine Day, Mixed Media Cards

I had started it, though! My plan was to make a sewing themed card, and so I used an old pattern over some Very Vanilla cardstock for the base of my card. I used Shimmery Embossing paste over the top. Some left over fabric from making masks this week would have found it's way onto the card, and this cute image from Kindred Stamps would have tied it all together. I'd changed my mind on the image though, I was going to stamp it onto Crumb Cake and colour it to give a sepia-like effect. I'm hoping I can get the card made over the weekend, so you may get to see it yet!

In the meantime, please do head on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the gorgeous cards that the DesignTeam have created for our challenging Mixed Media challenge!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.