Pages

Thursday 13 June 2019

JAI #461: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!


It's time for the new Just Add Ink challenge! This week Rachael has found a stunning Inspiration Photo to kick start our creativity. Just look at those colours!


I have no idea what those trees are, but the yellow foliage is gorgeous. I'm not sure I'd want to park my car under one of them though!

When I see a photo like this, my first instinct is to try to recreate it. I struggled for along time with the perspective, and in the end I gave up on recreating it exactly. Plan B was a 3D card of some sort, either a Bridge fold or a Bendy card. Ultimately, the Bridge fold won.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Mama Elephant, Varied Vases, Cityscape, Bouquet Bunch, Stitched Nested Labels, Bridge Fold Card

I started by sponge brayering some Balmy Blue ink onto Whisper White cardstock for the background of the card, fading it out as I got towards the bottom. To make the trees I used the Bouquet Bunch dies. I cut the large bunch of stems from Basic Black and then to make it more trunk like, I adhered the bottom of the stems to a scrap of Basic Black and then hand trimmed around the edges. I then used the cluster of four pointed flowers for the foliage, cut from Daffodil Delight cardstock.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Mama Elephant, Varied Vases, Cityscape, Bouquet Bunch, Stitched Nested Labels, Bridge Fold Card

The buildings and roads are a Mama Elephant Die that I've had for ages but never used. I cut three of the buildings in Basic Black, Basic Grey and Smokey Slate and layered them on the background using Dimensionals between each layer. I didn't pop out any of the windows, but those that fell out were backed with Whisper White cardstock.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Mama Elephant, Varied Vases, Cityscape, Bouquet Bunch, Stitched Nested Labels, Bridge Fold Card

I used some left over flower clusters and another row of buildings to finish the back of the card. This time I popped out all the windows, and I must say that I think it looks fantastic!

The Design Team have used the Inspiration Photo in so many ways for their cards. You can see their cards over on the Just Add Ink blog, where you can also link up your card for the challenge. What inspires you in the photo?

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Holy cannoli, this is GORGEOUS! I love, love, LOVE IT!. The die is cool, but you really created a card for publication...seriously, send it in! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and just perfect for the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.