Pages

Thursday 22 November 2018

AWH November Blog Hop: Sketch This

Hi!



Tonight the Art With Heart team are sharing creative projects featuring a card sketch. We hope you like how we have each put our own spin on the sketch and that it inspires you to get creative and make some fabulous cards. If you are inspired by the sketch, please share with us!


Just like last month, I decided to scrap a layout rather than make a card. I'm keen to get stuck into scrapping my USA trip, so this was just the starting point I needed. This page will be the opening page to my album.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Animal Outing, Labeler Alphabet, Twinkle Twinkle DSP, Large Letters Framelits, Watercolour Pencils, Scrapbooking

Can you see how I used the photos and postcard to replicate the main part of the sketch? I pretty much ignored the rest of the sketch as it didn't work with my page, but the most important part is included. I purchased the post card on my trip. I often do, as they photos are usually better than any I can hope to take! In this case though, the rustic flag appealed. Can you see that it's the flag painted onto some boards?

I then picked two photos that were the highlights from the two main parts of my trip. I had such a wonderful time travelling with Judy May, Kathryn Mangelsdorf and Rachel Palmieri, so I wanted to include them in this layout. The photo with the Aussie flag is from our visit to Stampin' Up!'s Home Office in Riverton, Utah, and the bottom photo is on the registration day of OnStage in Orlando, Florida, where we met Sara Douglass, the CEO of SU. You can see that I've cropped the photos to fit the sketch. How fabulous that the two photos I wanted to use worked perfectly!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Animal Outing, Labeler Alphabet, Twinkle Twinkle DSP, Large Letters Framelits, Watercolour Pencils, Scrapbooking

I üst had to include a kangaroo to go with the American feel of the page. The kangaroo featured heavily in my swaps and gifts, so it will also feature heavily in this album. I coloured is with my watercolour pencils and blended with my Wink Of Stella pen. I tossed up between my Blends and pencils, but in the end went with the pencils as I felt it worked better with the rustic look of the flag postcard.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Animal Outing, Labeler Alphabet, Twinkle Twinkle DSP, Large Letters Framelits, Watercolour Pencils, Scrapbooking

I love the Labeler Alphabet set! It's fabulous and versatile and will also feature heavily in the album, as it did on my swaps and gifts. And, yes, I did wear that flag headband for most of OnStage! It was a great way for people to find me, so I only took it off during the sessions so that I didn't annoy people sitting behind me.

Thats it for me for this month. You're now off to see what treasures Rachel Woollard has for you!

If you get lost along the way, here's the list of blogs participating in today's hop:

Rebecca Jacovou
Caroline Manwaring
Sharon Davern
Monika O’Neill
Sue Madex
Ros Davidson
Kate Morgan
Andrea Roberts
Tina Gillespie
Rachel Woollard 


Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Beautful scrapbook page Tina, great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you turned the sketch into a scrapbook page. You did an amazing job with it and it will be a great opening page for your album. I look forward to seeing more blogged pages from this album soon! (Hint hint!!!)
    Thanks for taking part in the sketch blog hop this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is fabulous Tina. Great start to your holiday album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scrapbook page and that this was your take on the sketch. It is fantastic. Love the labeler alphabet set too it is so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page and what amazing memories to cherish for a life time, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely layout Tina. Some great memories too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Tina what an awesome page layout, I love the rustic flag look too, it all looks perfect together. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.