Pages

Monday 20 August 2018

A Sunburst In Winter

Hi!

It's been a dreary few weeks of winter here in Adelaide, so I decided to give a Sunburst card a go as a way of trying to bring some summer into my heart. I went looking for some instructions on how to make the card and found an awesome tutorial on my friend, Di Barnes' blog. You can view her instructions here. She's such a clever cookie for working out the correct way to cut the DSP, and a sweetheart for sharing.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sunshine Sayings, Picture Perfect Birthday, Best Route DSP

After reading Di's tips on the selection of paper and patterns for this type of card, I decided to go with DSP from the Best Route pack. It's great for this, as there aren't too many pieces where the direction in the pattern matters too much - only the bikes really.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sunshine Sayings, Picture Perfect Birthday, Best Route DSP

It took me a long time to work out the mix of colours and shapes for the sentiment panel. Nothing worked to make it pop from the background until I added the Basic Black circle at the back.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sunshine Sayings, Picture Perfect Birthday, Best Route DSP

As Di did, I used some of the left over pieces to create the panel for the inside of the card. I still have a lot of offcuts left over, so I think I will make a larger version of this panel to go on the front of a card - stay tuned for that!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.