Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2018

A Coastal Christmas

Hi!

Welcome back to another Colour Creations Blog Share. We are featuring a returning colour this week - the lovely Coastal Cabana.


I was glad to see the return of Coastal Cabana to the Brights Collection. It's such a pretty greenish blue. I love how crisp it looks when paired with white, so that's what I went with this week.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, Star Of Light, Starlight Thinlits

I also love a Christmas card in non-traditional colours. I stared by heat embossing the starry flourish stamp with white embossing powder and then stamping some more stars around it. The sentiment and large star use a technique I've been wanting to try for ages - partial die cutting.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, Star Of Light, Starlight Thinlits

Can you see in this picture that the star and sentiment are on one piece of cardstock? I've used the die to cut the star out above and below the sentiment strip, but not cut the bits in between. I was so pleased with how it turned out, and I will certainly be trying it again. I continued to layer on top of the large star, using Silver thread, a Silver foil die cut star and a tiny Coastal Cabana star that I enhanced with Wink Of Stella. I also used some of the bits popped out from the foil star to decorate the ends of the large star. Fiddly, but a fun finishing touch for the star.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Colour Creations, Star Of Light, Starlight Thinlits

LOL, it's been a long time since I've used a single stamp set to make a card, but Star of Light had everything I needed in one convenient set.

Now you're off to Catherine's blog where you can find the rest of this week's Coastal Cabana cards.

Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Tina this card is stunning and I love learning a new technique from you every week. How on earth do you partially die cut? Thanks for hopping along on the colour Creations blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Elegant Tina, I wouldn't have thought to use this colour for Christmas but it works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, aren't you a clever little bunny cutting the star and sentiment from one piece, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Coastal Cabana just perfect for Christmas? This is one of my favourite sets and I am definitely inspired to get it out and play after this lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Tina, and I'd love to know more about partial die-cutting, it really looks amazing on your card. This is one of my favourite bundles too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.