Pages

Thursday 26 April 2018

AWH April Blog Hop: Retiring Products

Hi!



Tonight the Art with Heart team are sharing creative projects featuring products from the Last Chance Products list. There are lots of products to choose from with retiring stamp sets, inkpads and ink refills guaranteed to be available until 7 May (and all other products while supplies last). Contact anyone on the blog hop to place your last chance order today.

I've chosen to make a card using several retiring products.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Painted Harvest, Colour Theory DSP, Wood Textures DSP, Lovely Words Thinlits

The first retiring product are the Lovely Words Thinlits. They coordinate with the also retiring Lovely Inside & Out stamp set, which I haven't used today. I selected the 'friend' thinlit for my card, as it paired nicely with the inside sentiment. One of the ribbons I have used in the top corner is also retiring - the 1/8" Gold Ribbon. It's Silver twin is also retiring.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Painted Harvest, Colour Theory DSP, Wood Textures DSP, Lovely Words Thinlits

The front of the card uses a subtle crackle paper from the Colour Theory DSP Stack. Some of the leaves from the Painted Harvest stamp set were stamped directly to the DSP. Do you ever stamp on DSP? It's a great technique that often gets forgotten. I've backed the word 'friend' with some of the Wood Textures DSP, which is carrying over to the next Annual Catalogue. Yay!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Painted Harvest, Colour Theory DSP, Wood Textures DSP, Lovely Words Thinlits

The final retiring products are two of the retiring colours. I've used Chocolate Chip (sob!) as my card base, and also for the centre of the sunflowers. Peekaboo Peach is also retiring. I used it as the top, darker layer of my sunflowers, with Crushed Curry underneath.

There's always some mixed feelings at this time of year - sadness at some retiring favourites, but also excitement over the new stuff about to hit my craft desk. I think this year I'm mostly excited, as there's lots of great stuff on the way.

Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the very talented, Kimberly Hern.  


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:


11 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, Tina, such a shame the "lovely inside & out " stampsand framelit s are retiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, bright and cheery card, Tina. I love the way you've stamped directly onto the DSP too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a gorgeous card Tina, and also great tip to stamp onto the DSP! I use peekaboo peach a lot too and think I'll still use them from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card. I love your idea of stamping straight onto the Designer Series Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina thank you for the reminder to stamp onto DSP. I really love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Tina. Love, love, love your sunflowers. The colours are beautifully vibrant and the woodgrain behind the die cut is just perfect and the inside is fabulous. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Tina, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card both inside and out. Thanks for taking part in the retiring products blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A truly lovely card Tina. I love the look of the Wood Textures DSP behind the friend and also love the sunflowers stamped directly onto the DSP. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!Tina I just love your card, this is such a pretty stamp set,the inside of your card is equally stunning.
    Mon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.