Pages

Thursday 15 March 2018

JAI #400: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!


Yay! Time for a new Just Add Ink challenge! This week Kim has found this gorgeous inspiration photo to be a springboard for our creativity.



Hmm, this one stumped me for a while, as I don't usually make or send Easter cards. In the end I decided to go with the colours and the speckles and see where I ended up.


I kind of stretched the 'speckles' element by using my Blue Brushos powder with a minimal amount of water on a sheet of Glossy White cardstock. Using very little water limits how much colour is released by the powder. I also deliberately spritzed at a sharp angle to the cardstock so that the force of the water pushed some of the powder across the card. I was so pleased with how it turned out! To add to the speckles, I scooped a small amount of my Silver Embossing paste onto my Silicone Mat, added a little bit of water to make it a little runnier, and then flicked it over the page.


The mermaid, seaweed and shells were fussy cut from the Myths and Magic SDSP, and layered over a die cut from the Swirly Scribbles Thilits. I used my Labeler Alphabet stamps to create the sentiment. I deliberately haven't added a number after the 'look who's turning', as I don't know who will get this card yet. Given that all the little people in my family are currently boys, I might not use it for a long time! I finished the front of the card by adding some of the Clear Epoxy dots.


I had a second mermaid and shell already fussy cut, so it was quick and easy to pop them into the inside of the card.

So, what are you going to do with the Inspiration photo this week? Pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see what the rest of the Design team have done, and to link your card when you've made it. See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. So much detail in your gorgeous card Tina. I love it! Happy 400th JAI! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card ended up in a very cool place, Tina. Love the sea-spray like background around your sweet little mermaid.
    Hugs,D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.