Pages

Thursday 8 March 2018

JAI #399: Just Add Water

Hi!



Welcome back to the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Chloe has set the task, and it's to Just Add Water. I love how broadly that could be interpreted!


I hadn't done any colouring for a while, so I decided to pull out my Watercolour Pencils, Wink Of Stella and the Just Add Colour DSP. The underwater design on one of the sheets was perfect for this challenge!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Just Add Colour SDSP, Picture Perfect Birthday, Jar Of Love, Watercolour Pencils

It was heaps of fun using the different colour pencils to blend and create some more realistic pictures. The seaweed at the bottom right uses Old Olive and Daffodil Delight, and the seahorses used a mix of Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Basic Grey.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Just Add Colour SDSP, Picture Perfect Birthday, Jar Of Love, Watercolour Pencils

I love using my Wink Of Stella pen to smooth out the colours. It's a great way to blend the pencil lines that also adds a gorgeous shimmer to the card. Hard to photograph, but trust me, it's shimmery! I love how the Basic Black card base makes the colours pop.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Just Add Colour SDSP, Picture Perfect Birthday, Jar Of Love, Watercolour Pencils

I was a bit tired of colouring by the time I got to the inside, so I cheated a little and used the fish stamps from Jar Of Love to finish the card. Do you cheat a little like this sometimes?

Why not pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the cards the rest of the Design Team have created? You can also link up your card for the challenge. How will you add water to your card?

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. I love how much detail you've achieved with the Watercolor Pencils Tina - this is awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card this is...such a cute scenery and I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabulous colouring really has brought this seen to life Tina! I love the your soft strokes give movement to the water and your pretty shading has added a huge amount of depth. Just gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a lot of colouring Tina but the depth and detail you got in your seahorses and underwater foliage is just beautiful, colourful and fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a mammoth colouring effort Tina. It sure paid off. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colouring, Tina & a great choice of image for the water challenge. Fun!
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.