Pages

Thursday 30 November 2017

JAI #388: Just Add Glitter

Hi!


This week at Just Add Ink Rochelle has challenged us to add glitter to our projects.


I was recently gifted a cute little dream catcher die, and straight away I thought of it over a tie-dye type background, so that's where I started with this card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Glimmer Paper, Weather Together, Smooshing

I was a bit stumped on how to get the tie-dye effect, so in the end I went with the smooshing technique for the background. I took my largest clear block and spread some water on it using an Aqua Painter. I then dripped some Blushing Bride, Soft Sky and Wisteria Wonder ink on the block, and spread it around a little with the Aqua Painter. When I was happy, I took a piece of Naturals Ivory cardstock (retired) and laid it over the ink on the block. I then left it to dry.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Glimmer Paper, Weather Together, Smooshing

The smooshing looks very cool - just the touch of hippie I was after! I cut the dream catcher from Blushing Bride Glimmer paper (also retired). It was popped up on Mini Dimensionals, and then I tied some Very Vanilla Baker's Twine around the panel to finish off the front.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Glimmer Paper, Weather Together, Smooshing

I wish I'd done an extra little smooshed piece for the inside, but I'd packed away all the reinkers before I thought of it, and I was too time poor to drag it all out again. Oh well, it's a glitter challenge, not a smooshing challenge, so another piece of Glimmer paper works!

You can see the gorgeous cards that the rest of the Design Team have made over at the Just Add Ink blog, where you can also link up your glittery card.  See you over there!

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Awesome background Tina and that sparkly dream catcher is stunning, lucky you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tina, how absolutely beautiful-I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colourful smooched tie dye background Tina - what a great idea for that glittery dreamcatcher! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Tina! Your glittery pink dreamcatcher is gorgeous and your smooshed background colours make this such a gorgeously girly card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dreamcatcher looks fab in glitter & fits so well with the smooshy background, Tina.
    D :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool Tina. I love the background - so dreamy! Perfect to show off that fab, glittery dream catcher.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.