Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Playful Palette Split Card

Hi!


One of the first things I ordered from the new Catalogue was the Playful Palette Washi Tape. I'm a bit of a sucker for the splatter patterns in the tape. I've seen quite a lot of these Split Cards on the web, so I decided to give one a go, with the washi as a feature.



They are pretty easy to make, just take a 4 inch square of Whisper White card and cut it in half on a diagonal. You could even cut it in a wavy line - whatever takes your fancy! Decorate the two halves, adhere them to the card base and add a sentiment to the gap. Done!



I used one of the now retired Wooden Expressions, but to make it a bit more dramatic, I coloured it black by pushing it into my Basic Black inkpad. Be careful not to get the ink on your fingers though, as it gets everywhere!




Washi is such a great way to add a pop of drama to a card - don't you agree?


Bye for now,


Tina

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool & fun, Tina. Love the coloured washi teamed with white. It looks so fresh. Those wooden words were the best too. I wish they'd carried over.
    D :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.