Pages

Monday 20 June 2016

MKPLxSU Blog Share: Hello Lovely

Hi!


Welcome to another Memory Keeping with Project Life by Stampin' Up! Blog Share!





This month we are all using the brand spanking new Hello Lovely Collection for our layouts. Have you checked out the new PLxSU Collections in the Catalogue yet? I certainly have, and I'm loving them all!

I have scrapped a very recent event for my family, in fact it happened last Friday. Nothing like scrapping while the memory is still fresh.


My daughter, Ada, and her best friend, Hannah, are a bit obsessed by 'Matilda' lately. Unbeknown to them, Hannah's mum, Rachael and I organised a girl's weekend to Melbourne with them to see the musical production. We did it about 2 weeks ago, and have been bursting to tell them ever since. We finally sat them down in a cafĂ© and gave them a little flip book I'd made, and got them to read it out loud. I love that in the photos on this page the girls bend closer over the page as they go, and as their excitement levels increased.



The second page shows the news really sinking in. They were so happy, but kept asking if it was really true. Ada was especially excited as she's never been on a plane before. Now we just have to wait the 6 weeks or so for the trip!



I really liked this 2 inch card, as it really sums up what the girls have been thinking lately - they wished they could see the musical, and now their wishes have come true. I matted it in Basic Black to really make it pop. There are lots of cards that use Basic Black in this collection, and it adds that little bit of boldness or drama to a page.



I used a new stamp set, Labeler Alphabet on the main journaling card, but also on each photo. The number on the card refers to the number on the photo, and the journaling describes what the girls were doing/saying/thinking in each photo. It's a neat way to guide the reader through the layout, especially as each of the photos is pretty much the same.

Well, that's it from me this month, but you can check out the rest of the MKPLxSU Design Team by clicking on the links below:


Don't forget that you can join the MKPLxSU group on Facebook, too! There's lots of PLxSU inspiration and chatter in the group.

Bye for now,

Tina




1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.