Pages

Monday 6 June 2016

Black Mambo Swirls

Hi!


I've been having a lot of fun playing with the new Swirly Bird bundle. I'm sure you've seen a lot of cards made using the bundle on the internet! I especially love the scribbly circles in the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits. I've been wishing for a set like this for ages. For today's card, I decided to go for a bold colour combo and let the die cuts shine.



It's been a while since I've used Basic Black, Melon Mambo and Whisper White together. They work beautifully together. On this card the front of the card is not full sized. I adhered the wavy die cut a couple of centimeters in from the right edge and then trimmed carefully to give a thin black border. The white you see on the front is actually the inside of the card.



Here you can see the card open a little more, making it easier to see how it's not a full front. You can also see better that I used silver star sequins on the front, not black as it looks in the first photo. You can also see that the scribbly circle overlaps the new edge of the card.



I punched a 2" Circle to sit behind the scribbly circle and to stamp the sentiment on. It's not a perfect fit, but I still love the look.




I had to remember to stamp the inside sentiment all the way over to the left so that it can't be seen when the card it closed. That's tricky, when the natural inclination is to centre it! I also used some black star sequins to finish off the inside.


Stay tuned for lots more Swirly cards!


Bye for now,


Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.