Pages

Monday 8 February 2016

MKPLSU Blog Share: Sale-A-Bration

Hi!

Are you ready for some Memory Keeping with Project Life by Stampin' Up! inspiration? I hope so, because it's Blog Share day!


This month the MKPLxSU Design Team are sharing their Project Life pages done with the Memories In The Making Project Life Specialty Card Collection, which is one of the current Sale-A-Bration offerings. It is designed to coordinate with the Memories In The Making Collection featured in the current Occasions Catalogue.


As you can see, I chose to complete a double page of my oldest son's first week at High School. I was originally going to do a single page of his first day, but I ended up with too many photos for one page but not enough for two, so I decided to cover the whole week in the layout.


The MITM Specialty Card Collection consists of two types of cards - acetate and UV resist. In the photo above I've used a printed acetate card to highlight Ada waiting at the bus stop for Alex to come home. I had the wrong lens on my camera with no time to change it, so I couldn't get a closer photo of her waiting. This is a great way to highlight the fact that there is something in this photo to see!


I've use another printed acetate card to highlight Alex in his uniform. Some of the cards, like this one, are silver on one side and gold on the other, making them even more versatile. The journalling card is from the MITM PL Card Collection. Yes, the photo above the card is meant to look funny - Alex was playing around with a photo distorting app on his iPad!


Here I've used another acetate card to frame this selfie Alex took on his iPad on his first day.


The title card is from the MITM PL Specialty Card Collection.  It is one of the UV resist cards. I used my Aqua Painter and Crushed Curry inkpad to very roughly wash the yellow ink over the card. The pattern in the card (in this case stripes) resists the ink. Once it was dry I stamped some of the splatters from Gorgeous Grunge over the card in Basic Black and Tempting Turquoise to match the journalling card in the previous photo. The letter stickers are from the MITM PL Accessory Pack.

I had a lot of fun playing around with the Memories In The Making Project Life Specialty Card Collection.  Have you made a layout using them? You can see the Design team layouts on the links below, or check out our Facebook group.

Julie Kettlewell
Caroline van der Straaten
Linda Higgins
Delys Cram
Constanze Wirtz
Janet Morrow Wakeland

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the cards! Cool pages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on this kit. The specialty pack is awesome! love that it compliments the big kit.

    Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.