Pages

Friday 1 August 2014

JAI #225: Just Add Colour

Hi!

Yippee! It's Friday and if I'm really luck I'll get a knock on my door later today that will be my postie with my new order.  I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow so I can play over the weekend.  Will you get in some crafting time over the weekend?  Why not try a card for the new Just Add Ink challenge?

This week Patrice has chosen this gorgeous colour combination to follow.


Isn't it great?  I love the neutrals with a soft pop of colour!


I started by stamping Positively Chevron over the top of the grid paper from the new Typeset Specialty DSP.  I love the subtle effect this achieved!


The rest of the card was stamped with the Amazing Birthday stamp set.  As I was going  for a male card I kept the embellishments to a minimum.  It was really hard not to add some ribbon, so I settled for some Mini Brads instead!


 Nice and simple on the inside, because men really don't appreciate 'fancy'!

I hope you can play along with us this week at Just Add Ink - it's a really fun colour combo and the Design Team have had a lot of fun playing with it.

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. That background is just so cool Tina, love that neither pattern is too in your face, they work beautifully together.
    Hope your box arrived...:0)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background has such a great textured effect Tina. Mini brads are my fav for guys cards too - they just add the right amount of shine! Hope you got your box! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine birthday card Tina. I really like how you stamped over the grid and your layering of the sentiment on the inside of the card. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the challenge colours, love. My favourite part is the chevrons stamped over the grid paper - awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.