Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Modern Medley Gift Box

Hi!

As a change from the cards I thought I'd show you a gift box I made to house a Secret Santa gift.  The recipient has guessed I was their Secret Santa, so I'm going to go ahead and show you the gift box as it won't ruin any surprise.  The idea for this box came from Shelli Gardner (CEO and founder of Stampin' Up!) herself - she showed us a similar project at the very first Convention I went to in 2011.


This gift box started life as a roll of packing tape.  Once I had used all the packing tape I kept the cardboard roll, thinking that it might come in handy one day.  I'm a bit of a hoarder of things like that!  The roll was a little tall for my purposes so I drew a line around it in pencil and then trimmed it down with a strong pair of scissors.  I then coloured the edges black using a permanent marker and covered the inside and outside with a layer of Modern Medley DSP.  A circle of Basic Black card stock was glued to the bottom and a second circle was scored and partly glued to the top to provide a lid.


I made the flower on the top from about 10 layers of Creped Filter Paper, held together with a black Glimmer Brad and then scrunched up.  It's such a pretty, soft flower.  I also tied a bow around the gift box with a length of 1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon.


Here is the box open.  I placed a small tub of lovely smelling hand cream inside it for my recipient.

I love upcycling, although I probably should do some more as my pile of things that might come in handy is getting quite big!

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Tina and I am sure the recipient loved receiving it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.