Pages

Sunday 2 September 2012

JAI Scrap #9: Just Add a Sketch

Hi!

Happy Spring!  I have been enjoying the wonderfully warm and sunny weather in Adelaide that has heralded the start of Spring.  I hope you are enjoying similar sunshine!  Well, not only is it spring, it's also the first Sunday of the month, which means it's time for a new scrapbooking challenge at Just Add Ink.


This month the very clever Ruthy has designed a sketch for the challenge.

 
Isn't it fantastic? There are so many different ways you could play with this sketch - we'd love to see your interpretation!  You could use one large photo, or you could use several smaller ones and cluster them together.  That's what I chose to do for my layout.
 
 
I used some of the gorgeous new Storytime DSP as the basis for my layout.  It has similar colours to those in the shirt Hudson is wearing in the photos, so it was a perfect match!  The colours I used are Riding Hood Red, Pool Party and Very Vanilla.  I simplified the sketch a little.  I ran out of room for the flags at the bottom, so I substituted some trim from the Tasteful Trims Die, as well as a smaller rosette.


You may be wondering about the title of my layout - The Fortress of Hudsontute.  The layout shows Hudson getting his first "big boy bed".  The fact that it's a ginormous disability friendly bed didn't escape the notice of Alex and Ada, who promptly got into it for a play and explore.  They named it the Fortress after the Fortress of Solitude in Superman, made a sign for the side of the bed and stuck it on.  Almost a year later the sign is still there and the name has stuck!


I had to include some photos of the sign and the big kids in the bed, so I made a pull out section that slips in under the main block of photos.  How happy does Hudson look to see and try out his bed in the photos!

Ink: Pool Party Stampin' Write Marker
DSP/Cardstock: Storytime DSP, Pool Party, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla
Other: Big Shot, Tasteful Trims Die, Alpha Die (non SU), Rosette Die (non SU), Round Tab Punch (retired), Boho Blossoms punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Pool Party Designer Printed Brads, Poppy Parade Glimmer Brads (retired), Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Crystal Effects, Sanding Block

I hope you can play along with us this month at Just Add Ink!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.