Pages

Thursday 20 June 2019

JAI #462: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


Sorry for the late post - I don't know if I'm coming or going this week! Anyway, on with the show! This week at Just Add Ink we have a sketch challenge, designed by Kim. It's a fun one, and the Design Team have made a lot of wonderful cards using it.


I decided to make a fancy fold card, but to do so I needed to rotate the sketch sideways. Totally fine, as long as we can still see the basis of the sketch in your card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, A Good Man, Fancy Fold, Stampin' Blends

I'm not sure what the fold is called, I basically just chopped off half of the front of the card and overlapped the main image panel. I've been staring a lot with A Good Man, and the guy on the deck chair was the perfect image for this card. Some of my class ladies thought it was a bit American with the stripes, but I was going for a more nautical look. Either way it doesn't matter!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, A Good Man, Fancy Fold, Stampin' Blends

He was coloured using my Blends in Poppy Parade, Night Of Navy, Ivory, Smokey Slate and Crumb Cake.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, A Good Man, Fancy Fold, Stampin' Blends

To create the stripes, I cut strips of cardstock 1/2" wide in Poppy Parade and Night Of Navy. I also cut one in Whisper White to use as a spacer. I started with the Navy stripe and then used the spacer to lay the Poppy stripe next, and so on until I'd covered half of the inside. This shows up on the front when the card is closed.

What do you see in the sketch? Why not pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see what the rest of the Design Team have created? You can also link up your card for the challenge. See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.