Pages

Monday 24 September 2018

K For Kaleidoscope

Hi!

This week at Just Add Ink our challenge is to Just Add K. You can see the card I made for the challenge here.


Today's card is a reject card for the challenge. Don't get me wrong - I like the card - I just decided to go in a different direction.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Tropical Escape DSP, Animal Expedition DSP, Happy Birthday Thinlit, Better Together

So the "K" in this card is the technique - it's called a Kaleidoscope card and you can find instructions for making it here. Basically you create a little triangle template from acetate and use it to outline each of the 8 wedges in the card. They are then fussy cut and arranged in a circle.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Tropical Escape DSP, Animal Expedition DSP, Happy Birthday Thinlit, Better Together

This card ended up quite large - about 6 inches square. What I thought were smallish triangles turned into a big card! Those hippos were just begging to be turned into a kaleidoscope, don't you think?

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Tropical Escape DSP, Animal Expedition DSP, Happy Birthday Thinlit, Better Together

To make the the strip across the bottom of the inside, I used my trimmer to cut a straight line. I lifted the blade when I ran into a hippo and dropped it back down after it. I then used my snips to fussy cut around the hippos. A little bit of extra effort, but worth it I think.

So now I'm off to think about what other DSP I have that I could use to make a Kaleidoscope card. Are you thinking about it too?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.