Pages

Thursday 25 January 2018

AWH January Blog Hop: Occasions Catalogue

Hi!

Tonight the Art with Heart team are sharing creative projects using product from the occasions catalogue. The occasions catalogue is current now until 31st May. Be sure to request your copy of the catalogue today (along with the sale-a-bration brochure).
Sale-a-bration is also a great time to join our fabulous team. Ask any of the girls on the hop!



When I went to On Stage last November and we were shown the front page of the Occasions Catalogue, I immediately fell in love with the butterfly card. I was thrilled to receive the stamp set in the Prize Patrol giveaway later in the day. I haven't actually used it much though - time to change that for tonight's blog hop!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Beautiful Day, Delightful Daisy DSP, Cupcake Cutout

One of the great things about the butterfly is the large open spaces within the image - perfect for colouring. But what if you're not a colourer? Or just in a lazy mood? Or you're wanting a card in a hurry? Well, you just need to find some DSP on which you can stamp the butterfly!


I chose this DSP from the Delightful Daisy pack. To be honest, I really don't like this particular sheet of paper. But sometimes you need to look at things from a different perspective, and so I decided to stamp on it and fussy cut the butterfly to see how it looked. I was amazed at how much nicer it looked! What do you think?

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Beautiful Day, Delightful Daisy DSP, Cupcake Cutout

I went over the butterfly with my Wink Of Stella pen. I think I've been using it on nearly every card I've made this year!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Beautiful Day, Delightful Daisy DSP, Cupcake Cutout

I liked the look of the stamped DSP butterfly so much that I decided to make a second card. This time I paired it with the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set, which is also in the Occasions Catalogue.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Beautiful Day, Picture Perfect Birthday, Delightful Daisy DSP, Lots Of Labels

I used my Tranquil Tide marker to colour just part of the sentiment. I didn't want all of it on the front, as it would have pushed the butterfly too high up on the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Beautiful Day, Picture Perfect Birthday, Delightful Daisy DSP, Lots Of Labels

This butterfly has had the WOS applied too - such a shame that you can't see it in the photo. The ribbon peeking out from behind the die cut is also shimmery - it's one of the Sale-A-Bration choices.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Beautiful Day, Picture Perfect Birthday, Delightful Daisy DSP, Lots Of Labels

Thanks for stopping by to look at my cards. Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, my fellow South Aussie, Kathryn Mangelsdorf. She's bound to have something to delight you!


If the link isn't working, or if you get lost, here's a list of the hoppers tonight:


Bye for now,

Tina

10 comments:

  1. I'm with you Tina, I wasn't a fan of that sheet of DSP either, but boy, you have done it justice with stamping that gorgeous butterfly on it. They are both wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is amazing. I love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Tina, how great did the Butterfly turn out when you stamped it on this DSP, Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the butterfly day stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your cards Tina. Will have to get that DSP out and have a play with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great way to use that DSP (which didn't appeal to me, either) ... the butterflies look beautiful, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Tina! Your butterfly looks fantastic on this DSP, it's also a design I have been struggling to think of how I can use it too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very surprising result from stamping on DSP, I had thought initially you'd water coloured it. Both cards turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, I especially love how you have carried the design through to the inside of the card. Thanks for taking part in the Art with Heart Team Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.