Pages

Tuesday 23 January 2018

CTC #162

Hi!

EDIT: Oh, WOW! I was very excited to find that I had won this challenge! Thanks, CASEing The Catty Crew!



Wow, I can't believe that for the third week running I've managed to make a card for the CASEing The Catty challenge. I've really been enjoying this creative streak during the school holidays!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Petal Garden, Lovely Inside & Out, Lovely Words

This card was based on the card at the bottom right of page 11 of the Occasions Catalogue. It's more of an 'inspired by' rather than a CASE, but I guess that still follows the rules of the challenge. I used a similar colour combination, a cut out element (except oval instead of circular), and the sentiment within the cut out section.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Petal Garden, Lovely Inside & Out, Lovely Words

The DSP I used was from the Petal Garden DSP pack. It's a cute little 6 inch pad with a lovely mix of florals and more neutral patterns. I chose a piece that had a large rose motif in one corner and die cut the friend oval using my Lovely Words Thinlit. I then took a second piece of the same DSP and fussy cut just the roses, popping them up on top of the first piece. Next, I fussy cut some extra leaves from a different piece of DSP and popped them under the roses.

The DSP under the cut out is actually a card from the coordinating Petal Garden Memories & More pack. I liked the subtle leaf pattern better than any of the other Old Olive designs in the DSP. Finally, I used a few offcuts and a short length of Silver Mini Sequin Trim that had been floating around on my desk to create the feature at the top right of the card. The original card didn't have anything there, but I felt that my card looked a little strange with nothing in that corner.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Petal Garden, Lovely Inside & Out, Lovely Words

The inside I left super simple - just some DSP offcuts to add some colour. I though that it would be nice to have a lot of space for writing about how grateful I am when I use the card!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.