Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Farewell Mocha Morning Specialty DSP

Hi!

Are you a user or a hoarder?  When you buy something pretty for your papercrafting, do you save it for a special occasion, or do you use it with abandon?  Sigh...I'm a bit of a hoarder, save it for a special occasion type of crafter.  Silly really, because I should be spreading the gorgeousness!  The card that has inspired this pondering was a commission for a friend.  She wanted a thank you card, but one that had a really positive message, for a friend that was helping them through a really tough situation.


I found the quote on the internet and printed it onto Very Vanilla Cardstock.  I used one of my new Apothecary Accents Framelits to cut around it.  The Vanilla looked a little stark, so I stamped over the top with the flourish from Creative Elements and Crumb Cake ink.  It didn't look quite finished, so I used my Crumb Cake marker to colour the areas of the flourish that weren't covered with text.  I was quite pleased with how it turned out.


I kept the inside quite simple so that she had plenty of room to write a heartfelt message to the recipient.  The Mocha Morning SDSP was perfect for this card.  I used a flocked piece to add to the luxury of the card.  I really should have made better use of this SDSP before it retires!

Stamps: Creative Elements, Just Believe
Ink: Crumb Cake
DSP/Cardstock: Mocha Morning SDSP, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Other: Big Shot, Apothecary Accents Framelits (upcoming), Dimensionals

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.