Pages

Wednesday 7 December 2022

Colour Creations: Night Of Navy

 Hi!


Welcome back to the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are looking at Night Of Navy, a deep blue from the Neutrals Colour Family. 


Brian King has quite a few colour combos that feature Night Of Navy, so it was tricky to narrow the choices down to just one! I decided on this bright combo though, mostly because I haven't played much with Parakeet Party yet.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Butterfly Brilliance, Light The Candles Card Kit, Rays Of Light, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Brilliant Wings Dies

I started by stamping the Rays Of Light stamp in Parakeet Party on Whisper White card and then cropping it with the largest Stitched Rectangles Die. I matted it on Night Of Navy cardstock before popping it all onto a retired Silver Foil card base.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Butterfly Brilliance, Light The Candles Card Kit, Rays Of Light, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Brilliant Wings Dies

I was struggling with how to add Poppy Parade to the card, so I decided to add the circles, cropped with the Stylish Shapes Dies, under the focal butterfly (from Butterfly Brilliance) and sentiment. A few red sequins adds to the spotty red theme!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Butterfly Brilliance, Light The Candles Card Kit, Rays Of Light, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Brilliant Wings Dies

A second butterfly, stamped in Night Of Navy, was the obvious choice for the inside of my card. I used a sentiment from the Light The Candles Card Kit stamp set to go with it. I also used the same stamp set on the front of the card. Don't overlook kit stamp sets - they are sometimes the exact sentiment that you need!

That's all from me this time around, but please do keep jumping around our Blog Hop until you get back to where you started. The next blog belongs to my fabulous friend, Kate Morgan. You won't want to miss her card!

As ever, if you get off track or find a broken link, jump on over to the wonderful Catherine Proctor's blog. You'll find a list of all of tonight's participants there to help you on your way again.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Tina, your card is wonderfully vibrant! Thank you for the reminder to not overlook the stamp sets in the card kits - I was looking at the sentiments on your card kit and wondering where they were from. They are fabulous sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great pop of colour with the Navy, Tina. Those Parakeet rays are beautiful and bright and the red circles behind the butterfly and sentiment really draw the eyes to the features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bright and happy Birthday card Tina. I love Parakeet Party with Night of Navy and Poppy Parade does draw the eye. The butterfly with the sun rays is delightful. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely happy and bright card Tina. The pop of Poppy Parade draws your eyes to the sentiment beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you challenged yourself and found a way to include Poppy Parade, I'd have given up, I'm sure! I do think the circles ground the butterfly and sentiment though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun colour combo, that allows Night of Navy to work beautifully as a strong neutral (if that makes sense!). I love the Rays of Light background ... it works so well for almost any theme, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.