Pages

Thursday 2 December 2021

JAI 583: Just Add A Sketch

Hi! 


Hooray for Friday! It's been a long week in my household, as Hudson has been home sick with a cold. During the week Alex also got sick, so I'm pretty much expecting that all of us will come down with the bug. Not fun when the warmer, summery weather is just starting! The upside of staying home and cancelling appointments is more crafting time. Yay!


This week Kim has designed this fun Sketch for our Just Add Ink challenge. I do love a good sketch, and I knew the exact stamp set from my stash that would be perfect for the layout. It's called A Fox's Life, from the Colorado Craft Company.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colorado Craft Company, Just Add Ink, A Fox's Life, Timeless Tulips, A Fox's Life Dies, Subtle 3DEF,

Isn't it gorgeous???? If the artwork seems a little familiar, the artist, Anita Jeram, is also the illustrator of the Guess How Much I Love You books.

I stamped the image twice on watercolour paper, and then used the coordinating A Fox's Life Dies to crop one version. The other I watercoloured roughly as the background, starting with the moon. The rest of the sky uses Night Of Navy ink, I just faded out the colour as I got closer to the moon. A bit of Shimmer Paint flicked over to top to give the illusion of stars finished off the front.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colorado Craft Company, Just Add Ink, A Fox's Life, Timeless Tulips, A Fox's Life Dies, Subtle 3DEF,

You can see that I popped up the cropped section of the scene over the top of the background. I carefully coloured around the edge of the die cut, as I did not want a white halo surrounding the popped up section. This way it still gives dimension, but looks more natural.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colorado Craft Company, Just Add Ink, A Fox's Life, Timeless Tulips, A Fox's Life Dies, Subtle 3DEF,

I stamped the same image in Balmy Blue ink on the inside of my card. The inside sentiment is from Timeless Tulips, as the font is a pretty close match to the one used in the Fox's Life stamp set. A very happy coincidence!

That's all from me for tonight, but your job is just beginning! After you've checked out all the Design Team cards, you can get creating on your card. Once you've finished, just link it up over on the Just Add Ink blog. You must link it there to be in the running.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.