Pages

Thursday 11 March 2021

March Creative Showcase

 Hi!


Welcome to March's Creative Showcase. This time around, we are all basing our creations on a sketch designed by Rachel.


I quite like this sketch - how about you? I pulled out some Dandy Garden DSP to see how it would work with the layout. I think it works very well!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Dandy Garden DSP, Sweet Ice Cream, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Ornate Layers Dies

I started by adhering two pieces of the DSP to a card front sized piece of Whisper White card. I then cropped it with the second largest Stitched Rectangles Die and layered it on another piece of Whisper White card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Dandy Garden DSP, Sweet Ice Cream, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Ornate Layers Dies

The dragonflies were punched from another sheet of the DSP, and popped up on Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink and cropped it with a die from Ornate Layers.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Dandy Garden DSP, Sweet Ice Cream, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Ornate Layers Dies

I used the left over piece of DSP from the front of my card to frame the writing panel on the inside. Waste not, want not! One final dragonfly and I was done!

You can find the rest of the links for this month's Showcase over on Rachel's blog.

Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Tina. The inside finishes it off perfectly, so much attention to detail. Thanks for joining in tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card, Tina, I love those dragonflies, but I love how you did the inside of your card, by using the DSP behind the white panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina your card insides always amaze me - what a great jog you've done here to mirror the front of your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I agree with the others - your attention to detail on the inside is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific choice of DSP Tina. It works perfectly for this sketch. As always your card is gorgeous inside and out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.