Pages

Sunday 28 February 2021

CTC #307: CASE The SAB Catalogue

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. Today is the very last day of Sale-A-Bration, so we are CASEing the SAB Catalogue one last time.


You can choose any card or project from the catalogue that takes your fancy. My eye was caught by this A Touch Of Ink card on page 12.


I decided to use the Berry Blessings stamp set to create my card, which is another SAB freebie choice.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Berry Blessings, Sweet Strawberry, Ornate Layers Dies, Pinewood Planks 3DEF

I started by embossing a piece of Night Of Navy card using my Pinewood Planks 3DEF. It's such a great folder, I really should use it more! The next layer is from the Ornate Layers Dies. I cropped the shape from Whisper White card and then masked off the edge. I used a Blending Brush and Balmy Blue ink to add a layer of colour to the frame that still left the edges white. I love how this adds a visual layer without adding a physical layer.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Berry Blessings, Sweet Strawberry, Ornate Layers Dies, Pinewood Planks 3DEF

The berries and leaves were all stamped and fussy cut before being adhered to the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Berry Blessings, Sweet Strawberry, Ornate Layers Dies, Pinewood Planks 3DEF

I had a few blueberries left over, so I added them to the inside of the card, after adding a little bit of Balmy Blue ink to the panel. I'm not a big fan of the "you sweet thing" part of the Sweet Strawberry sentiment, so I masked it off before stamping it on the inside of the card.

You can join in with our challenge by CASEing any card from the SAB catalogue and adding a photo to our Facebook group. No blog, fancy camera or software required!


Next up is my lovely friend, Rachel, with what is bound to be a gorgeous card!

Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Your fussy cutting is amazing!! What a lovely lovely card. ANd yes, the pinewoods planks folder looks fabulous!! Great colours choices. Love the watercolour wash detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh berry beautiful! All that subtle blending is divine. Why don't I have the Pinewood Planks EF? I should fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Tina and great CASE of the layout. The colour blending is lovely and a softer look than a layer of card stock. Those blueberries look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. Love the combo of the berries, textures, edges etc. They all work so well together

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so much nicer than the original! I love all the textures and details on your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.