Pages

Wednesday 17 February 2021

Colour Creations: Poppy Parade

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me once again on a very hot Wednesday for the new Colour Creations Creative Showcase. We are up to Poppy Parade this week, which is a bright red. In fact, it's the last of the Brights colour family to be featured this time around. I chose a classic colour combination of red, white, black and gold, which I think must have been inspired by the New Year celebrations in parts of Asia last week.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, A Touch Of Ink, Stampin' Blends, Subtle 3DEF, Sale-A-Bration

I started with the striped panel. I used my Poppy Parade Blends to create the stripes, and my grid paper to line them up. The panel was matted with Basic Black and Gold Foil layers. The next layer was the banner, which was pretty much made with just bits and pieces.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, A Touch Of Ink, Stampin' Blends, Subtle 3DEF, Sale-A-Bration

More bits and pieces were used for the main panel of the card. A mix of dies and punches was used to crop the circles and the butterfly from A Touch Of Ink was fussy cut - sadly, no dies! All of this was layered on a card base that I'd embossed with the Subtle 3DEF. Actually, I tell a fib - I embossed a card front sized piece of Basic Black and adhered it to the Basic Black card base. Embossing the base can make it a little floppy, so embossing a layer is much better.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, A Touch Of Ink, Stampin' Blends, Subtle 3DEF, Sale-A-Bration

I used some retired Delicata Golden Glitz ink to stamp the butterfly again on the inside. I was so upset that this ink retired, but I kept mine to use when I like anyway!

The rest of this week's cards can be found over on Cathy's blog. Please do go and have a look, as each week I am amazed by everyone's cards. I'm sure you will be too.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Tina - love the classic Asian feel of this card! Thank you for providing some Poppy Parade Inspiration this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stylish card Tina, great idea to make your own striped panel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, Poppy Parade butterflies, and teaming red with white, gold and black .... we had the same idea! LOL. I like how you made your own stripey paper, Tina - and the gold Stitched Circle looks fabulous behind the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card Tina - there's that embossing folder again!! I love how you have created a very geometric designed card then softened it with the lovely butterfly image xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your striped panel that you created yourself for your Asian inspired card. The addition of the gold is lovely and I miss that Gold ink pad too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hand drawn striped panel Tina, it is so striking! Gold foil elements with the classic combo of red, white and black - breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hand drawn DSP looks fabulous and the rest of your bits and pieces look amazing on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love your card. It is so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.