Pages

Thursday 16 January 2020

JAI #488: Celebrating 10 Years!

Hi!


Welcome back to a new year of Just Add Ink challenges! This year is our 10th Birthday year, and so in our annual first challenge of the year Blog Hop, the theme is Celebrate! I have been a part of the team for nearly 8 years - February 4th marks my 8th Anniversary. I started on the Scrapbooking Team, but played along with the main Design Team when I could, and then just the Design Team when we stopped the scrapping challenges. It's such a fun Design Team, the years have flown by!


My family and I spent New Year's Eve at a friends house. It was a lovely evening of just food and chatting - a BBQ and gathering around the table while the kids played pool and swam. Perfect! I wanted to make the hosts a card to say thanks for having us celebrate the new year with them.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Mama Elephant, Uniquely Creative, Ink Road Stamps, Cityscape, Sweet Sentiments Dies, Pitch Please, Rectangle Stitched Dies

This card was take two on my attempts to use hot foiling techniques on a card. I found an image of some fireworks online and printed it onto Night Of Navy cardstock using my laser printer. I then sat a layer of gold foil over the top and ran it through my laminator in a paper sleeve. It worked a bit better than last time, but still not perfect. I'll just have to keep trying!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Mama Elephant, Uniquely Creative, Ink Road Stamps, Cityscape, Sweet Sentiments Dies, Pitch Please, Rectangle Stitched Dies

The buildings are a Mama Elephant die called Cityscape. I cut three each of Basic Grey and Smoky Slate. I used the left over foil from the fireworks to back the windows on one of each colour die cut, and then stacked them with the other two die cuts. They were then popped up on Dimensionals.  The 'Thanks' is a Uniquely Creative die that I cut from Gold Foil card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Mama Elephant, Uniquely Creative, Ink Road Stamps, Cityscape, Sweet Sentiments Dies, Pitch Please, Rectangle Stitched Dies

I used the same die to finish the inside. The sentiment comes from an Ink Road Stamps set called Pitch, Please.

Now for some good news: we want to celebrate with you! We are doing this by giving away some gifts. The Top Pick and Honourable Mentions will each receive a gift, but so will some of our other entrants! To qualify for one of the random gifts you must live in either Australia or New Zealand, enter the challenge (duh!), but you must also comment on all 14 blogs in the Blog Hop. Too easy!

That's it from me, now you're off to see what the fabulous Denita has created. Don't forget to comment to be in the running for a gift!


Bye for now,

Tina

Here's a list of blogs in case a link is broken or missing:

Denita
Kim
Jan
Rachael
Di
Narelle
Patrice
Chantell
Nikki
Joanne
Jackie
Kelly
Lou

14 comments:

  1. That's a great set of dies Tina. I love the fireworks bursts - that's true Celebration. Chantell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really spectacular scene, reminds me of New Year celebration nights. Great use of the colours creating this card.

    Ali P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that the gold is not perfect on your fireworks, they look so real. And that city-scape is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tina a fantastic 'celebration' card - fab layering of the skyscrape buildings and the explosion of fireworks - great idea with the foils.. congrats to you and the JAI team for 10 years!! Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card, Tina! Certainly perfect for celebrations!! Love the bright fireworks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Tina. Love the combination of Night of Navy with foil elements. The Fireworks over the city scape is amazing ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever to use foil for the fireworks, gorgeous card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. this is just awesome! I love the colours and all the love details. Amazing Colour combo, too!

    PS: Please visit my special Challenge at DAK and play with us: https://do-allkreatives.blogspot.com/2020/01/australian-challenge.html

    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful foil work for the fireworks, Tina. Love your creation! D x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a classy card, Tina. I love it. Your foil looks great too - very clever. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - you had me at Gold + Night of Navy. This colour combo is stunning, I love the foiling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such fabulous and elegant card Tina! I love your city scapes and the foiling adds an extra level too. Your cards are always such and inspiration and your stamp collection is quite amazing. It's so lovely sharing the JAI journey with you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bold and crisp design - gorgeous! Lovely touches of foil too x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're going to get lots of invites if people know they'll get a spectacular card like this in return. Fab layout & colours, all the touches of gold really help it pop. Happy almost 8th anniversary, Tina.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.