Pages

Sunday 26 January 2020

CTC #261 Week 2: Sale-A-Bration

Hi!


Happy Australia Day! I hope you've had a lovely day doing fun things. I was up early to play in my concert band at an Australia Day breakfast, and then played later in the afternoon at a Citizenship Ceremony. I could do without the speeches, but it's always fun seeing the range of new citizens welcomed to our city.


Australia Day or not, it's time for our weekly CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. As it's Week 2 of the challenge, we are still CASEing anything from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. Flicking through, this Lily card with the die cut ombre background caught my eye. I love blue, so I think it was natural that I was drawn to it.


If you've been following my blog for a while, you know that I love a good sponge brayered ombre background, so that's how I chose to CASE this card. It was tempting to use the blues, but I decided in the end to use purples - Purple Posy, Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Label Me Bold, Sending You Thoughts, Stitched Stars Dies, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Painted Labels Dies, Sponge Brayer

It's interesting how this process shows up some of the undertones in the colours. For example, Purple Posy has a grey undertone, and you can see this at the top of the card where the purple fades out. Once I'd rolled on the three colours, I flicked some water over the top. Such a fun, cool effect!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Label Me Bold, Sending You Thoughts, Stitched Stars Dies, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Painted Labels Dies, Sponge Brayer

I die cut the starry swirl from Black Glimmer paper and adhered it to the ombre background. I forgot to peel off the coating on the back of the paper, so popping out all of the little bits was a pain, but I think it was worth it! I used the stars, plus a few extra in Whisper White and Gorgeous Grape that I had floating around on my desk, to finish off the front. The sentiment comes from Label Me Bold, a stamp set I am really loving.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Label Me Bold, Sending You Thoughts, Stitched Stars Dies, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Painted Labels Dies, Sponge Brayer

It's soooo hard to see, because it's very thin border, but I used the offcuts from the ombre background as a border for the Whisper White panel on the inside. When I rolled the front panel, I did a full card front sized piece for this very reason. It's a great time saver!

I'm all done, so I'm off to kick back for the rest of the Australia Day long weekend. I think I might do some sewing tomorrow. I have a quilt on the go that needs a little more work. It's for Alex's 17th birthday in April, so in theory I have plenty of time, but we all know how time can run away on us! Check out our Facebook Group for lots of inspiration, and upload your card for our Sale-A-Bration challenge.


To continue the hop, next up is the fabulous Siobhan.


Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Tina, your card is beautiful. Replicating the background using a sponge brayer is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are the queen of the brayered effect and I salute you! I struggle sooo much trying to achieve this amazingness!! I love the water splatters and I love the extra frame for inside - so clever and pretty too! What an amazing card and so different from the original!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a stunning background!! You make me want to play with brayering!! Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.