Pages

Thursday 15 February 2018

JAI #396: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!

Wowee! What a week! I got hit for 6 last Friday with a gastro bug, and Ive only just got back up on my feet. I don't think I've ever been hit with such a nasty bug. I'm still going slow, but at least I'm going!


Thankfully, I'd had my card for this week's Just Add Ink challenge made a few weeks ago! Kim gave us this fabulous sketch to work with.


I wanted to use my Epic Celebration SAB stamp set to make a card for a teenage boy, so that's where I started.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Epic Celebrations, Birthday Wit, Colour Theory DSP

I also grabbed my Colour Theory DSP. I'm not a big fan of the crackled paper, but I think it goes well on a teen boy card. Blue, red and white are a pretty classic boy colour combination, so I paired Real Red with the Dapper Denim/Whisper White DSP. The red adds a bold touch without overwhelming the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Epic Celebrations, Birthday Wit, Colour Theory DSP

I coloured the kicks with my Real Red Watercolour Pencil. I didn't bother blending or shading too much. To make the white parts of the shoes pop, I outlined the image lightly with my Basic Grey pencil. Apparently keeping the white bits of the shoes white is pretty important for teens - Ada gets the Gumption into hers to keep them pristine!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Epic Celebrations, Birthday Wit, Colour Theory DSP

I wanted to do something a bit different on this inside, so instead of shoes again I used the headphones. I don't like wasting little scraps, so the DSP that was an offcut on the front of the card was used to underline the inside sentiment.

The other girls on the Design Team have made some fabulous cards this week. You can see them, and join in the challenge, over at the Just Add Ink blog. See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Awesome teen card Tina. I love all the things you are doing with this set! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Tina, fun and not too fussy for a teen. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool Tina and so perfect for a Teenager! I love your soft colouring of the shoes and how the crackle background really suits the retro feel of your card. Hope your tummy has settled and you’re feeling better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome teen card Tina! The cracked paper adds the perfect teenage grunge factor and the shoes really catch the eye in red! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.