Pages

Monday 21 October 2013

Baby Boy Cards

Hi!

One of Rob's cousins had a baby boy recently and so Rob's mum asked me to make a congrats card for each of the great grandparents, granddad and parents of the new bubba. My stamping ladies had asked to do a technique this month so I decided to combine the two and make some cards using cardstock coloured using the shaving foam technique.  It was so much fun!


I loved the swirly effect the shaving foam technique achieves.  It reminded me of water so I used it as a base for a rubber duckie to swim on.


I think duckie looks pretty happy swimming around on the 'water'.


When you do the shaving foam technique, you don't just colour one piece of cardstock, you keep on going until you have exhausted your foam.  The cardstock on the washing line card was the first one I tried and I didn't quite press it onto the foam enough, especially around the edges.  I ended up cutting it a bit smaller to hide this fact.


Aren't the onesies cute - made using the breast section of the owl punch, as well as the little heart.  The shoulder straps were made using a retired punch, but you could just as easily cut them by hand.


Can't waste any pieces - one of the better offcuts was used on the inside!

In case you are wondering I used Marina Mist and Soft Sky ink refills in the shaving foam and the cardstock I used on the cards was Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.