Pages

Monday 25 June 2012

Some Bird Punch Flowers

Hi!

Today I have some cards I made as samples for my stamping ladies.  They had requested some punch art flowers using the bird punch.  There are lots and lots of beautiful ideas out there for flowers but I had to narrow it down to 2 - roses and tulips.


To make a rosebud you need the wings and the branch. The branch is trimmed down to two leaves to provide the base of the bud.  The Cherry Cobbler petals are sponged with Basic Black for a bit of definition.


You can see that behind the roses I've used the Lace Ribbon Border punch as a Faux Embossed background.  Such a pretty, subtle effect on a card.


On this card I used the wings and branches to make tulips. The branches are completely trimmed and the wings are sponged again.


The roses and tulips are layered the same way, the key difference is that for roses the rounded part of the wing goes on the outside, and for tulips it's the straighter side.


I hope you've found some inspiration in these cards.

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. The first roses are like live... Like in nature. They are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The punch art flowers are amazing, Tina. Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.