Pages

Thursday 9 July 2020

JAI #513: Just Add Two

Hi!


Just Add Ink time means that it's nearly the weekend. Woo Hoo! This week Di has challenged us to Choose Two of Flowers, Trees and Texture to add to our cards. Hmmm, what to choose?


When I first started thinking about what I was going to make for this challenge, I had ideas of stencilling some trees, both with ink and Texture Paste. As it always seems to be lately, time got away from me and I had to adjust my plans. I still stuck with trees and texture, but I opted to colour my images.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, My Favorite Things, Just Add Ink, Sun-Lovin' Santa, Tropical Oasis DSP, Copic Markers, Subtle 3DEF

I used a cute stamp set I purchased a while ago when I was wanting a more Summery Christmas stamp set. It's from My Favorite Things and is called Sun-Lovin' Santa. Palm trees are probably not your first thought when you think of trees, but you really can't have a sun-lovin' Santa without a palm tree. I coloured both images with my Copics, using bright colours. I sort of imagined Santa as being a fan of crazy colour/pattern combos when it comes to his vacation wardrobe!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, My Favorite Things, Just Add Ink, Sun-Lovin' Santa, Tropical Oasis DSP, Copic Markers, Subtle 3DEF

The texture part of my card is the background. I used the Subtle 3DEF to emboss a large Whisper White oval and then, using Blending Brushes, applied So Saffron, Pacific Point and Balmy Blue ink to represent the beach, the ocean and the sky. It gives a really cool effect, I think!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, My Favorite Things, Just Add Ink, Sun-Lovin' Santa, Tropical Oasis DSP, Copic Markers, Subtle 3DEF

I used the same palm tree image on the inside, but added some gifts so that it becomes a Christmas Tree. I'm looking forward to making more Christmas cards with this stamp set, as it also has a flamingo and a Combi van, all decked out for Christmas in the sun.

It's time now to head on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the rest of this week's Design Team cards. You can also link your card for the challenge, once you've decided which two of Flowers, Texture and Trees you will use.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Love it Tina! What could be better than a summertime Santa?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.