Pages

Thursday 2 July 2020

JAI #512: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


Yay, it's Friday, and the last day of term for my kids. Two weeks of holidays coming up, even my hubby who is having a well earned break from his work. Hehehe, little do they all know that I've started compiling a 'to-do' list of things that need to be done. Don't worry, there's some fun stuff on the list too!


This week at Just Add Ink we have a sketch challenge for you, and it's one designed by me! It's a fun one, with a few angles to play with. I toyed with the idea of doing a herringbone style background, but in the end I pulled out a pop culture stamp set that I've had for a while but hadn't yet seen ink. It's called Eat Your Heart Out, and is from Ink Road Stamps.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Eat Your Heart Out, SSS Double Stitched Rectangle Dies

LOL, it shouldn't be too hard to work out which movie it references! I started by cutting a card front in Whisper White, Melon Mambo and Basic Black. Here's where I went wrong: I stacked them and used my guillotine to cut through all three layers at once. This way they are all the same shape and should fit back together easily when you mix and match the colours. My mistake? I should have stamped them first, before cutting! Oh well.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Eat Your Heart Out, SSS Double Stitched Rectangle Dies

The rest of the plan worked perfectly - the pieces fit together very well. I glued them onto a piece of copy paper cut to card front size. I now have three card fronts, so I will have to play with the other two over the weekend and make them into cards. I cropped this front with my largest Stitched Rectangle Die and mounted it on my very last Silver Foil card. Sob! I will miss those cards - very handy when you need a silver foil border.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Ink Road Stamps, Eat Your Heart Out, SSS Double Stitched Rectangle Dies

How fun is this hairdo of one of the main characters in the movie? I'm not sure what this style of artwork is called, but it's very cool. You'll notice that this card doesn't have a 'happy birthday' in sight. I'm not sure yet what I'll use it for, but it could be for nearly anything!

That's a wrap from me, I might go and watch the movie (and sequel!) now. You can head on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the rest of this week's Design Team cards inspired by my sketch. You can also link up your card for our challenge. Can't wait to see what you make!

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Hey - great stamp set Tina, it really is a fun one. The silver foil and colours are perfect for your card. Now I am wondering what you are doing with the others you have cut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.