Pages

Thursday 25 June 2020

JAI #511: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!


Yay, it's Friday! Time for the new Just Add Ink challenge, a gorgeous Inspiration Photo chosen by Rachael.


I have a couple of these plants - Mother-In-Law's Tongue? - but mine certainly don't look this healthy! I'm not a gardener, but I do try. I have managed to keep them alive, even if they are a little droopy.

Anyway, on to the challenge! I think Inspiration Photos are the challenges that I find hardest, and it takes a lot of thought to finally settle on a design. 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Itty Bitty Birthdays, In Good Taste DSP, Forever Gold SP, Ornate Layers Dies, Pinewood Planks 3DEF, Sprig Punch

One thing I noticed about the photo was lots of long, tall lines. The plants themselves, and the candlesticks in the background. These were the inspiration for the strips on my card. They were cropped from the In Good Taste DSP using the stitched rectangle die in the Ornate Layers set. To make the middle one longer, I simply snipped in in half and hid the gap under the sentiment layers.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Itty Bitty Birthdays, In Good Taste DSP, Forever Gold SP, Ornate Layers Dies, Pinewood Planks 3DEF, Sprig Punch

The second part of my card was all about the textures. I reached for my go-to embossing folder (Subtle) for the background, but as I flipped through my folders I saw my Pinewood Planks folder and thought that it suited the theme better. The retired Burlap Trim was a nod to the basket that one of the plants sits in, and the Sprig punched shapes were to add a little more of the green of the plants. Finally, the leaf from the Forever Gold SP added a touch of luxe.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Itty Bitty Birthdays, In Good Taste DSP, Forever Gold SP, Ornate Layers Dies, Pinewood Planks 3DEF, Sprig Punch

I used another little strip of the wood DSP for the inside of the card. The sentiments, both front and inside, are from Itty Bitty Birthdays. 

It's time now to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the rest of this week's Design Team cards. You can also link up your card for the challenge. I'd love to see what inspires you in the photo.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.