Pages

Thursday 15 October 2015

AWH Blog Hop: Colour Combo

Hi!


Welcome to the Art With Heart Team Blog Hop for October. This month we have a colour challenge for you. Have you heard about the GREAT opportunity to earn more as a hostess (or get a greater discount on your Starter Kit by putting your hostess benefits towards the starter kit) between October 8th to November 9th, There's no greater time to host a party or even a virtual party on Facebook. Contact me to find out more. You will love being a part of out awesome Australia wide team. We are all about fun, friendship, inspiration and support.



I really love this combo - it's a great mix of bold and soft colours.  I decided to pull out my very neglected Mini Treat Bag Thinlits and have a play with the set.


Wait a minute, I hear you say, that's not a bag, it's a box! It sure is! To make the box using the Thinlits I cut two of the front/side pieces, trimmed off the top to make it level and then scored about 1/4 inch in along the side piece to create a flap.  I then cut a piece for the base, making it a little longer than the box is wide so I could score to create flaps to adhere it to the sides of the box. Hopefully that makes sense!


While the box pieces were still flat I used the heart thinlit to create a window in the front of the box. This box will hold a wedding gift, but if you wanted a more generic theme you could use the banner or star shapes, or even a circle.  I used my Flower Patch stamps and the coordinating Flower Fair Framelits to decorate the front.


I needed a little card to fit into the box, so I decided to go with the same basic design.  I used the cut out heart on the card so I switched to a Whisper White base.


Here are the two together. I don't know about you, but I love finding uses for dies other than their intended use - it makes them so much more appealing!

The next stop in the Blog Hop is Ros Davidson, who is bound to amaze you with her creativity!



If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:
 
  1. Tina Gillespie
  2. Ros Davidson
  3. Genna Gifford
  4. Kathryn Ruddick
  5. Judy May
  6. Jenny van Dijk
  7. Kate Morgan
Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Love the bold designs to go with the bold colours. Works really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the box. It's amazing how the four same colours can look completely different on everyone's projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great combo you've made Tina. Love how you used the cut out for the card, and the colours look very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great idea! Love the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you make those colours look like they really belong together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you have created this gift set, Tina. The Blackberry Bliss makes a great background for the flowers and the cut out is very effective.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.