Pages

Friday 9 October 2015

JAI #283: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!

It's Friday again, and this particular Friday marks the official end of the school holidays (weekends don't count).  I'm always a little sad to see the end of the holidays as we tend to slow right down and stay home a lot.  We are always running around so much during the term that we are all really in need of the downtime. The upside of this is that I usually get lots of time to play with my stamps and ink. These holidays I've been sewing lots too.

This week we have a sketch to inspire you at Just Add Ink.  Narelle designed this beauty for us.


I was truly amazed at the variety of ways the Design Team interpreted this sketch.  

On Wednesday all three of my children went on camp and they all arrive home tonight.  Ada went with her BFF to Dance Camp, while Alex and Hudson went on a camp for kids who have a family member living with epilepsy.  Alex has a bit of weight on his shoulders at camp, as he needs to help the carers 'interpret' Hudson's needs and wants. I'm going to leave this card in his room for him to find when he comes home as a bit of a thank you for taking care of his little brother.


This was my first play with the Skating By stamp set.  It's a great pair to Hey Girl.  I stamped the three parts of the main image in Stazon on watercolour paper and then watercoloured using Night Of Navy, Real Red, Crumb Cake and Soft Sky.  I then stamped the trophy image and the 'You Rock' sentiment all over the Real Red base card in Real Red Ink.


I fluffed up the stamping of the iPod a little, so I decided to cover it by using a small piece of Silver Foil Paper as the screen.  I also used the Foil Paper in the horizontal layer.


This sentiment stamp is perfect for the inside, as one of Alex's pet names is Champ.  Hopefully he'll love the card, and even if he doesn't hopefully he'll love that his help with Hudson was gratefully appreciated.

What will you do with the sketch? See you over at Just Add Ink!

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Tina this is such a fabulous card and the story behind it is so touching! What a lovely family you have! Your image is so beautifully coloured and I love the water wash base too. The silver iPod and panel are a fabulous touch and love your red and navy colour combo too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Tina! Love the stamped background layer and the gorgeous colouring. What an awesome card to give to your son! I'm sure he will love it and appreciate that you made it just for him. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.