Pages

Friday 23 January 2015

JAI #247: Just Add A Blog Hop!

Hi!

I hope you've had a great January so far.  I've had a nice break from my Just Add Ink Design Team duties, but now we are back with our first challenge for the year.  We have decided to kick off the new year and this challenge with a blog hop around the Design Team.  If you get lost just click on the badge to go back to the Just Add Ink blog.



So, what's the challenge?  It's a challenge with a twist this week!  The theme is Just Add Love, and the twist is that you need to incorporate the following sketch.  You can use the whole sketch, or just use the tag part of the sketch on a bag or a box.  Easy!


I decided to use the whole sketch as the basis for my card.  My first step was to make the tag.  I used some of the SAB Specialty DSP Irresistibly Yours and sponged it in Blushing Bride, Pink Pirouette and Rose Red.  I love the effect it gives!


I don't tend to make 'Love' cards, so I struggled a bit finding a sentiment for the front of the card.  I finally settled on the stamp from Itty Bitty Banners.  I didn't want the banner part of it, so I just coloured the text with my Rose Red marker.


I had the same struggle with finding a sentiment for the inside, so in the end I just left it out.  Doesn't the effect of the sunburst behind the hearts look great?


Well, that's me done! You can continue on to Shona's blog to see her fabulous card by clicking on the badge below.



Bye for now,

Tina

16 comments:

  1. I Love the effect the sponging gives too Tina. The Irresistibly Yours Specialty DSP is neat aye? Chantell x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Tina. Modern & fresh with a pretty touch. The sunburst does look very cool behind the heart
    Inky wishes, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot's of "Love"ly goodness on this project Tina, very sweet and pretty and your inner sunburst is a great effect! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - love the inside of your card Tina. Lol I don't think I've ever commented on the inside before the outside but that sunburst looks awesome! The Irresistibly Yours dsp looks gorgeous sponged - great 'love' card considering you don't normally make them. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina your pink/red tag is so pretty - I love the graduated colours and the scattered stars! I must use my eclectic sunburst more because I love your inside - so graphic! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina what a sweet little card and I love the sunburst on the inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful projects. How did you get the lighter area of pink/red on your card? its darker around the edges, but fades going inward, love that.

    Smiles Sher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Tina! Love the colours you've used and love the sponging on the new DSP! Haven't had a play with that yet. You've inspired me to go and have a play! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute Tina! Love how you've decorated your card inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina, this is delightful! I like the contrast of the gentle softness of the sponged tag, and the bold graphic background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!! Just love the way you coloured the tag and your right, the sunburst behind the hearts is spectacular. Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. The DSP background paper is awesome..the sponging is perfect with this! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this card! Will definitely have to borrow your idea, especially as it is such a frugal way to use the gorgeous DSP! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrific design. My eye kept moving from the background to the tag and back again. I love the inside sunburst effect, in fact I would make another card with this on the outside. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.