Pages

Thursday 6 October 2011

Scribbles Swirls Sizzlit Die

Hi!

A couple of days ago I promised I would show you how to use the Scribbles Swirls die to create Rhinestone swirls in your projects.  You can see the swirl in this post.  Here's a card I made using the technique.


Here's a closer look at the Rhinestone swirl.


When you run the die through the Big Shot you end up with two pieces of cardstock - the swirly bits that you use on your projects and the piece you would normally throw away.  Don't throw it away! This is the template you use for your swirls.


I place the template on the card where I want the swirl to be and then start filling it with Rhinestones.  I use a medium sized Rhinestone in the blobby bit at the end of the swirl and the smallest Rhinestones in the rest of the swirl.


In the above example I have used the individual Rhinestones and spaced them a little as I went.  In the swirl here I have used the Rhinestone strips for a more decadent look. 


Here's the inside of the card.  I love that cute little ladybug stamp!

Stamps: Clearly For You, Well Scripted (retired)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black
Cardstock: Brushed Silver, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: Big Shot, Scribbles Swirls Sizzlit, Basic Jewels Rhinestones, Silver Foil Smooch Spritz, Blender Pen, Circle Punch, Black Paper flower (non SU)

I have a layout for you on Saturday that also uses the Scribbles Swirls Sizzlit.  I am using this die on EVERYTHING right now!  I hope you can come back for a look.

Catch you later,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Just lovely Tina, and a great little resource on how to use the template afterwards. Love those cute little ladybugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.