Pages

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Scraplifting

Hi!

Today I have a layout I've completed for the latest Stamp A Memory Challenge, which was to scraplift a layout from their blog.  Scraplifting is where you create a page that copies ideas and designs from someone else's layout, either in full or part.  The layout I based mine on is one done by my upline, Sue Madex.  You can view it here.  I chose this layout because I loved the way the photo told the story, so there was no need for extensive journaling.  The simplicity of the page is really appealing and I hope I have done her justice in my scraplift.


My photo was quite dark, so I wanted to use some bright cheerful papers to lift the page.  I chose the now retired Washington Apple DSP.  The photo was quite a special occasion - it was the first time that these three generations of my husband's family had been all together in the one place for a very long time.  We set the camera up on a timer and hoped for the best!

I think the title I chose tells the story - We Are Family.  However I couldn't resist adding some journaling.  To preserve the simplicity I loved in Sue's layout I hid the journaling on a tag that slides out of the right side of the photo.

Stamps: Perfect Punches
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White Craft, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
DSP/Card Stock: Washington Apple DSP (retired), So Saffron Textured, Whisper White
Other: 1/4" Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Round Tab XL Punch, Sponge Daubers, Chipboard Alphas (non SU)

Catch you later,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Great clean layout Tina, and its great to get a good family shot :) well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout Tina. I agree with Melissa, great clean lines and use of patterned paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.