Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2024

Colour Creations: Azure Afternoon

 Hi!


Thanks for joining us for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are featuring Azure Afternoon, a gorgeous mid-blue that is a part of the Brights colour family. I decided to play with some new products.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Something For Everything Ephemera, Simply Said, Dotted Circles 3DEF

I started by embossing the background cardstock using the Dotted Circles 3DEF. Isn't it gorgeous? I love that it's an extra big folder (6 x 8 1/2 inches) so that you can play with the placement of the centre circle. I wanted it offset so that I could use it to highlight the boat.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Something For Everything Ephemera, Simply Said, Dotted Circles 3DEF

Speaking of the boat, and the lighthouse and sun, they are from the new Something For Everything Ephemera Pack. I pretty much just popped them out of the sheet, added some Dimensionals and adhered them to my card. So easy! Because the background is so textured, I added a little bit of Tombow adhesive to the Dimensionals to make them extra grippy.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Something For Everything Ephemera, Simply Said, Dotted Circles 3DEF

The sentiments on my card are from the Simply Said stamp set. I couldn't resist adding a second boat to the inside of the card.

That's all from me for tonight, but there's lots more to see on our Blog Hop tonight. Please continue your way around the blogs, with my lovely friend Ros Davidson coming up next.


As always, Cathy Proctor does a marvellous job of keeping everyone organised. If you run into any problems with links, just pop on over to her blog, where she'll have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard12 June 2024 at 19:58

    Beautiful card Tina, I love how you've used the circles in the embossing folder and the elements from the Something For Everything Ephemera Pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the addition of the boat (facing in the opposite direction) inside the card, Tina. Nice work with offsetting the embossing on the front, to feature the die-cut boat, too - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I adore this scene you have cleverly created using the ephemera pieces, especially the way you have used the embossing folder as part of the scene. As usual, the inside of your card really delivers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina I love your placement of the different ephemera on your card and the embossed panel is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa Gerrard13 June 2024 at 12:11

    Great idea to offset the embossed panel and then pop the boat in the centre of it. The Something for Everything Ephemera looks to have lots of useful bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the bits & bobs from the Ephemera Pack, Tina and yes, that Dotted Circles 3DEF is perfect, such a great sized folder, isn't it?!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.