Pages

Thursday 19 December 2019

JAI #487: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


Hello, and welcome to the final Just Add Ink challenge of 2019! This will be a non-competitive challenge, running through until the start of January. So what have we got for you? A sketch challenge, designed by the wonderful  Jackie!


I've been looking forward to this sketch for a while now - I think it's fabulous, and great for a wide range of themes. I toyed for a while with doing a dinosaur card, but in the end I reached for my new Poppy Moments Dies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Poppy Moments Dies, Painted Labels Dies, Layered Leaves Embossing Folder,  Peaceful Poppies DSP, Happy Birthday Too You, Sale-A-Bration

The poppy dies have three layers - the solid base, the outline and the centre. I cut the base in Vellum, the outline in Poppy Parade and the centre in Basic Black. I like the translucent look of the vellum - a little more interesting than stark white in this case! I accidentally got the circle elements of the sketch the wrong way around. Ooops! That's what I love about a sketch though - it's open to interpretation, as long as you can still see the original in the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Poppy Moments Dies, Painted Labels Dies, Layered Leaves Embossing Folder,  Peaceful Poppies DSP, Happy Birthday Too You, Sale-A-Bration

I couldn't resist adding the little scallop border piece onto the card, from the new Painted Labels Dies. It's so sweet, but in Basic Black it's a little dramatic too! I think I will be using it lots. The sentiment is from a new Sale-A-Bration set, Happy Birthday To You. I added a couple of leaves to the card, cut from vellum and Mossy Meadow cardstock.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Poppy Moments Dies, Painted Labels Dies, Layered Leaves Embossing Folder,  Peaceful Poppies DSP, Happy Birthday Too You, Sale-A-Bration

I used another leaf and the smaller poppy on the inside. The large poppy is beautiful, but a little big for the inside! The sentiment is also from Happy Birthday To You. I love the scripty font!

Thanks for joining me for another year of Just Add Ink challenges. I love being a part of the JAI team, and I look forward to more crafty fun with them in 2020. I hope you can join in our challenges, we love seeing what everyone makes for them.

That's all for me on my blog for 2019. I'll be back in early 2020 after a short break with my family. Have a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous New Year. I hope Santa brings you some new crafty goodies to play with!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.