Pages

Saturday 15 February 2014

Layouts 11 and 12

Hi!

Here's some more pages from my Paris album.


Just across from the Architecture Museum is the Maritime Museum.  It was one of those "OK, we're here, we may as well take a look" kind of decisions that ended up being a good decision.  So many fascinating things to see!  The photo on the bottom right shows an early deep water diving suit - no way you'd get me into one of those, but it was still amazing to see.  Again, we saw so many touches of luxury and wealth, including golden figureheads.  Astounding!


By the time we got to the Arc de Triomphe we had been on the go all day and it was nearing sunset.  You can imagine how weary we were - we'd just flown into Paris that morning!  Our intention had been to climb the Arc, but we found it closed for a ceremony commemorating 50 years since the war in Algiers - my very poor French allowed me to ask a few questions of some lovely people in the crowd to find out this information.  In hindsight, I'm glad we didn't climb the Arc as I don't know if my legs would have carried me all the way to the top.  We did however get to see the roundabout around the Arc completely devoid of traffic.  If you've ever been there, you know how crazy it usually is!

I really loved the photo on the top right - the Arc at sunset with the flag hanging from the bottom of the Arc.  So beautiful, taken as we crossed the Champs-Eleysees as we headed for our hotel.  I think I worked out we walked at least 14km on that first day, and that doesn't include our ramblings around the museums we visited.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.