Pages

Sunday 7 July 2013

JAI Scrapbooking Challenge #19: Just Add Monochrome

Hi!

It's the start of another month (we are past half way this year!!!) so it's time for another Just Add Ink Scrapbooking Challenge.


This month Ruthy has challenged us to go monochromatic on our layouts. In case you're not sure, this means that you need to stick to one colour on your layout.  You can use shades of that colour, but it needs to be predominantly one colour. I chose Pool Party for my colour.


I've had this photo on my desk for months waiting to be scrapped, and this was the perfect opportunity.  Black and white photos are great for monochromatic layouts as they can look more dramatic on the page. Doesn't it look like Rob and Hudson are sharing a joke?


The base page was a sheet of DSP from the Epic Day pack.  It has the distressing around the edge already so I used some Linen Thread to create the bunting as it matched the colour of the distressing.


The journalling was hidden on a tag under the main photo. I used the new This and That Rotary Stamp to add the date to the tag - it's a great stamp for your scrapbooking.


I used the smile stamp from the Happy Day stamp set as the main title of my page.  I liked how the DSP had lots of descriptive words printed on it, so I picked some of the most appropriate words and outlined them with my Pool Party marker.

Stamps: Happy Day, Itty Bitty Sentiments, Remember This And That Rotary Stamp
Ink: Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Basic Grey
DSP/Cardstock: This And That Epic Day DSP, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Other: Big Shot, Two Tags Bigz Die (retired), Mini Library Clips (retired), Linen Thread, Pool Party Brads (retired), Pool Party Button (retired SAB), Ticket Duo Punch, Small Oval Punch (retired), Dimensionals, Stapler

I hope you can play along with us this month at Just Add Ink.  What colour will you choose?

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tina, what a lovely photo and I love the way you've scrapped it! Pool Party (any blue really)is a favourite but I especially like the tabs(?) with brads and the clip holding 'happy'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout. I really love that photo and your layout is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.