Pages

Thursday 7 November 2019

JAI #482: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


Woo hoo, once again it's Friday and time for the new Just Add Ink challenge! This fortnight Jackie has designed a cute sketch for us to work with. Notice I said fortnight, and not week? Not a typo - this challenge will run for two weeks, as most of the Design Team will be off to attend Stampin' Up!'s OnStage event next weekend. I'll be heading off to Sydney, and I can't wait!


How fun is that sketch? I really love the little sentiment layers at the side of the tag. I felt like doing a spot of watercolouring, so I pulled out my Crafting Forever stamp set.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Crafting Forever, A Good Man, Follow Your Art DSP, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, No Line Watercolouring

I stamped the pot of brushes onto some watercolour paper using Sahara Sand ink, which I stamped off first. I'm really getting into the no line watercolouring technique lately. It's kind of nice not to have the dark black Stazon outline sometimes.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Crafting Forever, A Good Man, Follow Your Art DSP, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, No Line Watercolouring

I think my biggest problem is that I'm not patient enough to let each section dry fully. That, and the fact that I made this card at the last minute and had to rush - watercolouring is not something that you can rush! Still, I was mostly pleased with my efforts this time. It's hard to tell in the photograph, but I used my Silvery Shimmer Delicata ink to colour the metal parts of the brushes. It gives a really nice shimmer! I simply tapped the pad onto my Silicone Sheet, and then used my Aqua Painter to pick up the ink from there. Too easy!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Crafting Forever, A Good Man, Follow Your Art DSP, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, No Line Watercolouring

LOL, as I said earlier, I was very short on time today, so the inside of my card just got one stamp. The 'For You' on the front makes this quite a generic card, so I can either leave it blank, or stamp an appropriate inside sentiment when I know what this card will be used for.

Thanks for stopping by. Now it's time to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see the rest of this week's Design Team cards. Don't forget that you have two weeks in which to get your card into our challenge gallery for this sketch challenge.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.