Pages

Sunday 10 November 2019

CTC #254: CASE A Layout

Hi!


The end of another weekend is sad, but also happy, as it means it's time for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. Have you arrived here from Peta's blog, or are you just starting here? Either way, you can see all of this week's Design Team cards by hopping around until you get back to where you started.


This week we are CASEing a layout from page 22 of the Holiday Catalogue. I took one look at the page and decided I'd CASE the page layout itself!

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, CASEing The Catty, # Elfie, Stampin' Blends, In Colour DSP, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Shaker Card, Christmas

I started by using my Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut my window openings. I couldn't get it to work with three different sized rectangles, so I ended up making the two smaller windows the same size. The images from Elfie fit the openings well, so it was an easy choice to use them.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, CASEing The Catty, # Elfie, Stampin' Blends, In Colour DSP, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Shaker Card, Christmas

After stamping them in the appropriate place, I coloured the images with my Blends. I used Call Me Clover, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake and Ivory. I also used some Glimmer Crystal effects on the trims of the elf hats and jackets. I decided to make the Santa's Workshop window a shaker element. I had a scrap of Window Sheet that fit perfectly, so it was a very serendipitous decision!

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, CASEing The Catty, # Elfie, Stampin' Blends, In Colour DSP, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Shaker Card, Christmas

I finished off the inside with another of the elves - he's so cute peeping out from the stocking!

You can enter our challenges every week by uploading a photo of your card to our Facebook group. No blog or fancy editing required!


Time to be on your way to the next blog in our hop, which belongs to the lovely Siobhan.


Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. oooohhhh this is just adorable! I love your colouring. I love the shaker element. I love the many window images! It all goes together so perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! What a great take on CASEing a layout by CASEing the page layout. Elfie works so well on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina I love that you have CASEd the layout of the whole page, very clever. Your cheeky little elves are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.