Pages

Friday 27 February 2015

JAI #252: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!

This week at Just Add Ink we have a sketch challenge for you, designed by the lovely Kim. This sketch struck a bit of fear into the hearts of some of the Design Team, as it features a tilted panel! LOL, it's funny the things that make you nervous!  Having said that, we all agreed in the end that the sketch was fabulous and that really, a tilted panel can be a lot of fun.


My first thought was to use one of the new Butterflies Thinlits instead of the circle. At the time I made this card I'd only just got the butterflies and I was putting them on everything! Using the butterflies meant rotating the sketch though.


I have been wanting to use the Postcard and World Map stamps together for a while and decided now was the time.  However, the card was now the wrong orientation for the stamp, so I had to substitute a piece of the Typeset SDSP instead. I think it works beautifully!


I used Blackberry Bliss, Very Vanilla and Basic Black as my colour combination.  Blackberry Bliss is such a strong colour.  I really love it and probably should use it more!


So, what do you see in this sketch? The Design Team have interpreted it in a variety of different ways.  Why don't you pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to take a look?

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. What an absolutely stunning card! I love your mix of stamp sets here Tina - they works so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Tina! Love the way you turned the sketch on its side and the use of the map and postcard stamps looks fantastic! That butterfly just pops right off the card and I love the little touch of bling on the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of butterflies for my card too! Love that deep, plum colour you used too, gives the card such a stylish, sophisticated look. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you've flipped the sketch around Tina! And the Postcard and Map make a wonderful combination - especially topped with your gorgeous butterfly and the touches of bling. Such a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.