Pages

Friday 31 May 2013

JAI #167: Just Add Fabric!

Hi!

I'm certainly back into this swing of things with my blogging this week, and how about we round off the week with another Just Add Ink challenge? Perfect!


This week I chose the theme and it's fabric!  Yes, we want you to add some fabric to your projects.  Please note that it must be fabric and not ribbon.  I used the Summer Smooches Fabric on my project.


This piece of fabric is such a cheerful, happy print and I have been hoarding it saving it for a special project. I decided it was time to cut into it.


You can see here I used a narrow strip of the coordinating fabric to make a ruffle for the front.  I also used some of the Canvas Creations sheet to make a label for the front. I love the textured look it gives to the stamped sentiment.


Did you notice that my project wasn't actually a card? It's a little notebook, and it's been something that I've been wanting to try for a couple of months now.  You see, I made the WHOLE thing from scratch!  I cut the papers, bound them using needle and thread and then created the cover to go around them.  I thoroughly enjoyed making it, and I can see myself making lots more in the future.


One final photo of the inside of the note book.  I used some of the matching Summer Smooches DSP for my end pages.  The actual pages are from my stash and are plain white for ease of writing on.

Stamps: Feel Goods
Ink: Real Red
DSP: Summer Smooches DSP
Other: Summer Smooches Fabric, Canvas Creations, Crystal Effects, Sewing Machine, Chipboard

What do you think you'll make for the Just Add Ink challenge this week? Can't wait to see it.

Have a great day,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Awesome project Tina! and something to treasure for sure! Love the stitching detail you added to the fabric and sentiment label! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project and way to add fabric Tina! It's fantastic and worth the effort for sure, you're a clever one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous little labour of love, Tina! This is so sweet; I love how you've used fabric on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing project Tina - love your use of fabric on your notebook!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.